This is the demo site
Privacy and Cookies
What cookies do in more detail
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer or other device. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is a randomly generated number. Many cookies are automatically deleted after you finish using a website.
Cookies are not programs and do not collect information from your computer. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. We do not collect any personal information or forward any information to other organisations except purely statistical information on website usage.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can adapt its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Go to the link at the bottom of this page for more details.
- Cookies for Piwik also track usage of the Traveline Yorkshire web sites: the search engines and keywords you use, the language you speak, the popular pages on the site and so on. See http://piwik.org/ for more details.
- We use session cookies to make sure your preferences are remembered as you move from one page to another so you don’t have to re-enter information. They are deleted when you close the site.
- Currently the Traveline Yorkshire sites do not depend on session cookies to work correctly.
- We use persistent cookies on sites where you can save data or favourites. These stay on your machine. Disabling these means:
- Currently the Traveline Yorkshire sites do not depend on persistent cookies to work correctly.
So in summary: Cookies are important to make some sites work fully. Others collect information to help us improve our services by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. You can choose to disable cookies but if you do, you may find parts of the site do not work properly in future.
How to control cookies
Methods of controlling cookies depend on which browser you use. For more details, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx